Police And Crime Panel

Police and Crime Panel are Responsibilities

The Police and Crime Panel are responsible for receiving and considering complaints against the Police and Crime Commissioner. You need to apply to the panel directly for details of any complaints made against the Commissioner.

The panel can seek a professional view from HMIC regarding potential dismissals and will agree on a lead authority to hold central funding and provide scrutiny support. The Panel will not be holding the police to account, as that is the role of the elected PCC.

The local authorities in Lancashire are responsible for establishing and maintaining the PCP. Lancashire PCP is made up of councillor members from each local authority, and a number of independent members. In Lancashire, we have a joint committee made up of councillors drawn from the unitary, district and county councils within the force area, plus additional members co-opted by the Panel up to a maximum of 20.

Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council is currently the lead authority for the panel in Lancashire.

To view more information on the Police and Crime Panel from July 2013 visit Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council website.

Social Media

Keep up to date

Join us on social media and keep up to date on news, events and more from the Lancashire Police and Crime Commissioner.

Latest Tweet
Tweet: 🚔🐕 Yesterday Andrew was joined by Chair of the Police and Crime Panel Cllr Jackie Oakes to allow her to see first-… Latest Tweet
Hand holding mobile phone showing the LancsPCC social twitter feed
Latest News/Events

Commissioner visits Lancashire prisons to tackle reoffending

The visit follows meetings at Lancashire Prisons, including HMP Wymott, Lancaster Farms and Kirkham to build on the positive relationships already established and focus on effective partnership working. Following the meeting, Police and Crime Commissioner Andrew Snowden said: “Whilst we are working hard to ensure that those who commit serious crimes in our communities end […]

Contact Us

Get in touch...

Use the drop-downs below to navigate to the area needed for your comment to be more easily processed.

Person using a mobile phone - get in touch
Your Thoughts


What you have to say is important to us. If you would like to comment on the work of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Lancashire you can write to:

The Office of the PCC for Lancashire
County Hall Preston
Email: commissioner@lancashire-pcc.gov.uk

    Anti-Social Behaviour Survey