Before filling in the grant application form, it is important to consider what the Commissioner will be looking for in your application and what your project needs to include – the grant criteriawill help you make sure that your project meets the requirements.
Things that the Commissioner will be looking for in applications include:
- Projects which allow the local community to tackle the problems in their neighbourhoods themselves.
- Projects organised by, and involving community/neighbourhood groups.
- Projects which include as many sections of the community as possible.
- Projects that can demonstrate that they will make a difference to local communities.
- Projects that are innovative and creative – or take a new approach to tackling long term problems.
- Projects that take place in the Lancashire area which includes Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool.
What type of project do you have in mind? When putting together your application together you will need to think about:
- Indicate what the problem, issue or topic is that your project will address.
- How will your project make your local area, community or group better?
- Who is your project aimed at?
- Are there other resources or funds that you are using to support this project?
- How will you be able to show that your project has been successful?
You will not be able to use the grant to fund salaries of staff from statutory agencies, for bursaries, scholarships or for individual people.
For further information please contact LANPAC: E: email@example.com or call 01772 412796