Online survey launched
The Commissioner has today launched an online survey and announced a series of roadshow events to ask residents’ views on priorities around crime and policing. These will continue to inform his Police and Crime Plan which sets out how the police and community safety partners work together to keep Lancashire safe.
Mr Grunshaw said, “Year-on-year we have less money to deliver policing in Lancashire as a result of growing demand and rising costs due to inflation. With the Government not providing any extra resources but passing the burden onto council tax payers, I want to get a clear view from the public about their priorities and how safe they feel.
“I know people will have concerns about recorded crime going up and police having to respond to more non-crime issues as cuts to other services like mental health continue to bite.
“Having made savings of £84m since 2010 with a further £18m to find by 2022, Lancashire’s police service will continue to have to adapt. With fewer officers and resources it is even more important to ensure that our plans meet operational needs but also public priorities.
“The Chief Constable and I have a shared ambition for the Constabulary to remain as one of the top forces in the country and to be recognised as an outstanding service. Listening to people’s views is an important part of this process.”
The Commissioner’s survey will be launched online from Friday 27 July and run throughout the summer until Monday 10th September. In addition a series of Let’s Talk Policing events are taking place across the county:
- Preston Pulse Community Celebration Day, Saturday 28 July, Preston Flag market
- Garstang Show, Saturday 04 August
- Haslingden, Tesco, 09 August 10:00 – 12:00
- Accrington, Arndale Shopping Centre, 09 August 13:30 -15:30
- Colne , Asda, 17 August 10:00 – 12:00
- Skelmersdale, Concourse Shopping Centre 23 August 10:00 – 12:00
- Chorley, Booth’s Supermarket 23 August 13:30 -15:30
- Burnley, Tesco Extra, 28 August, 15:00 – 17:00
- Bamber Bridge, Sainsbury’s, 29 August 10:00 – 12:00
- Blackpool, Houndshill Shopping Centre, 29 August, 13:30 -15:30
- Lancaster, St Nicholas’ Arcade, 05 September, 10:00 – 12:00
- Clitheroe, Sainsbury’s, 06 September 10:00 – 12:00
- Lancashire Game and Country Festival, Scorton, 08 September
Further events may be announced through the Commissioner’s website and Facebook page.