Developing safe and confident communities
- Ensuring the Chief Constable and his policing team deliver the highest professional and ethical standards in their service to the public
- Ensuring that the public have an accessible, open and transparent policing service
- Ensure the public has confidence in their police service
- Support Community Safety Partnerships to focus on creating resilient and safer communities
- Encouraging volunteering in local areas
- Engaging with local communities on issues that matter to them
I spoke to many residents during my ‘Let’s talk policing’ roadshow to hear your concerns and to get your views on a potential increase in the council tax precept, the part of your council tax that goes towards policing in Lancashire.
The majority of Lancashire residents I spoke to voiced their support for an increase in the council tax precept for 2017/18 to help maintain officer numbers. Over 74% of people who responded to my survey voted in favour of increasing the council tax precept by 2% or more.