Independent Chair of the local reducing reoffending boards
Lancashire’s Police and Crime Commissioner is seeking to appoint a new independent chair to provide strategic leadership to the Lancashire wide Reducing Reoffending Boards of Pennine Lancashire, South Lancashire, West Lancashire and North Lancashire.
A key element of this work will be delivered through reducing reoffending boards made up of police, probation, the Community Rehabilitation Company and other key partners.
The Police and Crime Commissioner’s Office is committed to reducing reoffending and needs a candidate who can ensure effective governance of the boards and oversee the achievement of their individual and collective objective making it a key priority in the Police and Crime Plan for the county.
With a strategic board covering the whole county and four local boards, the Commissioner is looking to appoint the independent chair to sit on the main strategic board and chair local board meetings in a bid to reduce Lancashire’s reoffending.
This role will provide strategic leadership to deliver work through partners to help them achieve individual and collective objectives.
It is intended that the Chair will have experience of the criminal justice sector, be a strong and influential character, build productive relationships and be able to strengthen relationships with all key partners to deliver the Commissioner’s priorities.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent strategic skills
- Proven ability to lead others through change
- Ability to influence, engage and build strong relationships with senior organisational representatives
- Significant experience of governance, ideally as a member, or Chair, of a Strategic Board
- Empathy with the services and client groups with whom we seek to work
- Experience in criminal justice or a related field would be an advantage
- The time, availability, credibility and passion to help us deliver our goals and make a difference to the residents, businesses and visitors of Lancashire’s diverse areas
- Commitment is estimated to be two days per month and appropriate expenses and costs will be paid
Location: Lancashire, countywide
Salary: Remuneration of £250 plus reasonable expenses paid per meeting (estimated 20-30 meetings a year)
Closing date: 5pm Tuesday 25th February 2020
Hours: Part time
Contract: 1 year Contract
Email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com.